Pages

About love&marriage goodeats Crafts contacts

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Most of the time I get caught up in doing everyday things that I forget what God has in-store for me at the end. It's not too hard to get wrapped up in doing the daily routine. Before we know it, a week has passed, or a month, sometimes even a year. Most of the time I find myself saying "It's already the fall, where has the year gone?" It seems as if time just passes by way too quickly. I find myself looking at my children and wondering when they got so big. Surely they were just babies yesterday or toddling children trying to learn the way. There is no way my youngest is turning four in a few weeks. I still remember holding her in my arms that first night in the hospital. 

If you're like me than you find yourself putting things off until the next day, only to realize a long period of time has passed and the task was never accomplished. Our to-do lists are busy, full of things that are important or things that seem important at the time. The other day when I was driving Goose to her ballet class I started to reflect on this. Between all the things I do during the day, it seems I constantly loose focus of what is at the end. The song, "Your Grace Is Enough" by Matt Maher came on the radio and I found myself singing along. Most likely off key, but still loud. I can't carry a tune to save my life but that doesn't stop me from singing loudly. If there was one talent that I wish I had, it would be to sing. So here I am, driving, singing loudly, but not remembering all the words until the chorus comes around again and I find myself owning it. Thankfully my kids are too little to complain about my singing. I started thinking about how someday all I will be doing is singing with God. I will spend my time singing my heart out. I get too wrapped up in my every day life that I often forget about my promise to spend eternity with God. I'm glad it will be doing something I enjoy, like singing, and not doing laundry or dishes like I end up doing now.

It's so easy to forget that I am a daughter of the King when I have so many earthly projects to tackle. But I AM a daughter of the King. And I will get to move into my fancy and beautiful palace. I will get to spend my days singing and talking about how wonderful He is. Until then, I need to make more of an effort to spread His love and to remember His promises. Sometimes His promises are all that get me through the day. 







No comments:

Post a Comment