Pages

About love&marriage goodeats Crafts contacts

Monday, January 7, 2013

A new year... a new beginning

Many people attribute the new year as a new beginning. Making resolutions for the new year is a popular practice among many societies and often we do them in hopes of bettering ourselves. Some resolutions stick, others are given up on before January draws to a close. 

One resolution that I always try my hardest to keep is renewing my relationship with God. Each year I brainstorm a list of goals I have for the coming year that will help strengthening my relationship with Him. I was born and raised in the church. I knew about God's love and His son's sacrifice for me. I grew up witnessing miracles, learning to trust in the Lord, and being taught to take everything to Him in prayer. 

It wasn't until I was baptized at 18 and starting out on the path of my own life that I fully understood the importance of having a relationship with God, and the sacrifice that was made for me. I use the new year as a time of reflection, a time to look back on the previous year and see how I did as a servant. By reflecting on the previous year, I am able to prepare my goals for the coming year. The best way to prevent myself from failing, is to set realistic and obtainable goals. 

One of my goals for this coming year is to read His word every day. Whether it's one verse, a whole chapter, or several chapters. I find the best way to do this is by doing it every morning. If I don't do it before I start my day, more than likely I will not find time to do it through-out the day. 

Reflect on the past year. Make a list of things you would like to change to better yourself as a person. Plan to spend the new year doing things that are pleasing to the Lord. Work on building your relationship with him. We should never be content with our work for Him until the day we are called home. 

I hope you all have a healthy and blessed new year. Tend to relationships you want to see grow. Mend broken relationships, life is too short to hold onto things from the past. Plan on devoting the year to God and he will surely strengthen you and be by your side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment