Pages

About love&marriage goodeats Crafts contacts

Friday, January 18, 2013

The positives of 2012: Part One

Today's post is in reference to yesterday's so make sure you check it out here to get caught up. 

So, here we go, today I am focusing on all of the positive things that happened in 2012. Nothing negative. And while many of these things may be materialistic, they still made me happy at the time and I am thankful to look back at them. So here is my year, in review, omitting the negative. 

January
- Witnessed the miracle of Baby Ben getting a heart transplant at 8 weeks old.
- I got to see my step brothers fiance find her perfect wedding dress. I wasn't able to see her in it on her special day but I remember how beautiful she looked in it at the store. 
- Chinese takeout to celebrate Chinese New Year (eating out is a rare and special treat for us)

February
- The Patriots won the Super Bowl
- My pseudo husband, Paul Pierce, outscored Larry Bird, making him the second highest scorer of all time for the Boston Celtics.
- Date weekend with my husband in Boston/Natick MA. 
- Girl's Night Out with some fabulous mommy friends, some of whom I had been waiting to meet for several years.
- Valentine's Day
- Goose's first night in her twin bed

March
- Goose celebrated her 3rd birthday
- St. Patrick's Day

April
- Swimming lessons for the kids (Goose's first time in a pool)
- Dyeing Easter eggs
- Easter
- Found out we were moving to a bigger, nicer place.
- We went to the circus
- Lily cat's 6th birthday
- Spidey & Goose got to meet Slugger, the mascot for the Portland Sea Dogs
- Opening day and first game for Spidey's tball team

May
- We moved!
- Mother's Day
- SeaDogs game with Spidey's Tball team
- Field trip to the Narrow Gauge Railway with Goose's preschool class

June
- Our cousins 8th grade graduation, followed by Round Top ice cream! Yum!
- Spidey's Tball closing ceremony & awards ceremony
- Father's Day: Hiking & picnic at Bradbury Mountain, followed by Ben & Jerry's
- The start of Goose being potty-trained




No comments:

Post a Comment